YTD Verification Report differs to Payroll Summary by amount of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Diana66
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

YTD Verification Report differs to Payroll Summary by amount of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice

Just doing a trial balance for end of financial year payroll to make sure things go smoothly next week.

My Payroll Acitivity and Payroll Register reports match, both showing the same amount of $549,899.33 as on the YTD "Total Payments'.  The Total Salary and Wages figure shows $544749.33 which is what the guidelines say I should match to, which is the exact difference of the $5150 of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice amount. Is this just how it is supposed to be? All was ok last year and no changes were made to the salary sacrifice payroll categories since then.

Have searched high and low online, not sure if the STP Phase 2 has changed things?  Copies of reports attached.

Appreciate any help.

Diana

4 REPLIES 4
Diana66
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

YRD verification report differs to Payroll Summary by amount of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice.

Just doing a trial balance for end of financial year payroll to make sure things go smoothly next week.

My Payroll Acitivity and Payroll Register reports match, both showing the same amount of $549,899.33 as on the YTD "Total Payments'.  The Total Salary and Wages figure shows $544749.33 which is what the guidelines say I should match to, which is the exact difference of the $5150 of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice amount. Is this just how it is supposed to be? All was ok last year and no changes were made to the salary sacrifice payroll categories since then.

Have searched high and low online, not sure if the STP Phase 2 has changed things?

Appreciate any help.

Diana

Diana66
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: YRD verification report differs to Payroll Summary by amount of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice.

Apologies, this should have been posted in AccountRight

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: YTD Verification Report differs to Payroll Summary by amount of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice

Hi @Diana66,

Thank you for your post. 

Yes, that is all showing how it should be in STP 2. This Salary sacrifice is tax-exempt so it will not be included in the totals you've highlighted in purple. 

If you had any further queries or concerns, please reach out for assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Re: YTD Verification Report differs to Payroll Summary by amount of Superannuation Salary Sacrifice

Hi Diana

You are still in STP ( not Phase 2) so that is correct

Phase 2 will add the sal sac back on - so in future the Total payments and Total salary will match

Hope that helps

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post