gross wages in payroll activity summary differ from verification report figures and the payroll activity detail reports on individual employees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nursery
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

gross wages in payroll activity summary differ from verification report figures and the payroll activity detail reports on individual employees

ATO Reporting categories are correct, but gross wages in payroll acivity summary and those for individual employees in the payroll activity detail reports differ, ATO categories reportable are accurate, how can this discrepancy be?

5 REPLIES 5
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: gross wages in payroll activity summary differ from verification report figures and the payroll activity detail reports on individual employees

Hi @nursery 

The first thing to check would be if that payroll category has the correct ATO reporting category assigned. Please also check if this payroll category needs to be exempt from PAYG, because in some cases if the payments are exempted from PAYG (but they are not meant to be), they won't appear in the correct ATO reporting category in the YTD report. 

If you have exempted the category from PAYG, you will need to remove the exemption and process a $0 pay to correct the YTD amounts in STP. ( In order to unexempt PAYG,  go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Wage>> [category name]>>Exempt>>Untick PAYG).

Once the report is accepted by ATO, check the YTD report again and if it still doesn't match the Payroll Summary, send us a screenshot of both reports by Private Message so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

nursery
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Re: gross wages in payroll activity summary differ from verification report figures and the payroll activity detail reports on individual employees

Hi, thanks for your reply, before I saw it I went in to the employee cards and checked pay history and manually put in the missing amounts as per the payroll reports and the verification report now lines up. Then I went to do the payment summaries and a few are now missing, how can that be, when I did a test run the other day before doing the first payroll for the new year, they were all there, why would they not be there now, something to do with the new payroll year, the missing ones are people who are no longer here. Please  help.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @nursery 

If the employees are inactive in the software, you will have to activate their cards, do a zero dollar payrun, wait for it to be accepted as that should push any changes made. If it still does not display the results as expected, send me the following screenshots by a Private Message:

Payroll activity report

Payroll register report

YTD report
YTD values in the card file for the employees.  

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

nursery
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

I have checked all of the setting you outlined, and despite having managed to produce a payment summaries verification the other day which accurately reflected everyones pays for the year, including the ones that were missing first time around, I am now unable to get the verification report to accurately reflect one particular employee, I cannot adjust it again in the pay history because it is only displaying the current year now that we are in a new year. I tried going in and running a zero pay for the employee who is no longer here, but  could not again because it does not bring up the option for employees who were not paid in the first pay run this year, even though the employee is not inactive. I am perplexed to say the least. can you help please.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @nursery 

I have responded to your private message regarding this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post