Forum Discussion

fullofquestions
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

2FA

Hi,

I log into this user with email 2FA identification, however, I have another account that belongs to a client, and I am trying to respond to an email from one of your support people.  This client uses Google Authenticator for 2FA.

I notice that Google Authenticator has been updated, and MYOB is no longer accepting the codes generated from the App.   

I tried to reset my 2FA to email authentication, and received the Recovery code and entered it successfully, but then was required to enter the code from Google Authenticator, which is no longer working.

Please fix this so I can respond, and hopefully MYOB doesn't crash today and prevent me from logging back in.

• Hi fullofquestions 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with 2FA. The Google Authenticator update shouldn't have any affect on MYOB accepting the codes. My app has updated and I was able to enter the code and log in successfully this morning so we'll try some other troubleshooting to see if we can resolve this.

If you are using an android phone I would recommend syncing the time in the app. To do this:

1. open the app
    2. tap the menu button (3 vertical buttons) in top right corner
    3. select settings
    4. tap Time correction for codes

Another thing to check is that the email address under the code is the same as the MYOB login email for the account you are trying to access.

If this doesn't resolve the problem please do let me know so that we can investigate further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi fullofquestions 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with 2FA. The Google Authenticator update shouldn't have any affect on MYOB accepting the codes. My app has updated and I was able to enter the code and log in successfully this morning so we'll try some other troubleshooting to see if we can resolve this.

If you are using an android phone I would recommend syncing the time in the app. To do this:

1. open the app
    2. tap the menu button (3 vertical buttons) in top right corner
    3. select settings
    4. tap Time correction for codes

Another thing to check is that the email address under the code is the same as the MYOB login email for the account you are trying to access.

If this doesn't resolve the problem please do let me know so that we can investigate further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.