Forum Discussion

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Backorders quantities is not updating automatically

I see that the issue of MOYB / Accountright not automatically calculating backorder quantities for partial shipments has been raised on this forum before. I just want to add my voice to this chorus. I was using MS-DOS based accounting systems in the 1980s that automatically wrote remaining quantities to be delivered into the backorder column when sales or purchases were partially delivered. It's got to be the most basic maths imaginable for a computer. Yet our $140 per MONTH subscription doesn't pay for this basic functionality in 2021. 

Can you understand why Xero got so big, even though it entered the market so much later than MYOB?

Pull your socks up, MYOB, and get this done.  It cannot possibly be a difficult thing.

• Hi Lehan_Aus 

Thank you for your feedback on this topic.

We are aware that the backorder quantities will not automatically be calculated when a shipping amount is entered. This has been something that we have raised with the required team for further investigation for a future release. At this time, we don't have any further information in relation to when that fixed build will be available, however, I have registered your comments on this Forum on your account for our teams to be aware of.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Lehan_Aus 

Thank you for your feedback on this topic.

We are aware that the backorder quantities will not automatically be calculated when a shipping amount is entered. This has been something that we have raised with the required team for further investigation for a future release. At this time, we don't have any further information in relation to when that fixed build will be available, however, I have registered your comments on this Forum on your account for our teams to be aware of.

AndrewStephen
      Valued Cover User

Hi Lehan_Aus 

Don't ever expect this issue to be addressed.

The answer from MYOB should have been "We have no interest in fixing / addressing this issue / bug"
      Myob's answer in the past has always been "it has was by design and not a bug".

I even offered to pay for some of these issues including this one to be address in a future released.

Lehan_Aus
        Experienced Cover User

Well that's a **bleep**. But at least I know I'm not doing something wrong. :-(

Lehan_Aus
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for your response. Perhaps the software team can advise WHY they don't automatically calculate backorder quantities? At least if I know the rationale behind it, then perhaps I won't think of it as purely lazy or poor programming. 

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Lehan_Aus 

While taking aspects of the previous AccountRight range (AccountRight Classic v19), the AccountRight 20xx product range was built from the ground up. Currently, the automatic updating of those backorder numbers for stock is something that is not included in the AccountRight 20xx product range. However, as it's a much loved and user-friendly feature of AccountRight Classic, it is something that we have passed onto the required team to look into re-adding back to the product range with the AccountRight 20xx releases.

Lehan_Aus
    Experienced Cover User

I do think that for over $1500 per year + GST, the speed issues have never been resolved, and this lack of any willingness to update extremely basic functionality of the software means I will send out some enquiries for alternatives today. Just a wee bit fed up with not getting value for money, and I think I've been silly to wait for things to be fixed. We'll see if there's any viable alternatives out there for similar money.