Forum Discussion

Buffd
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Data FIle Serial Number change and loss of attachments

Can anyone tell me if you have had this problem.

I had to move a client from one serial number to another and in the process it seems the attachments of all the creditors invoices (from DEXT) have been lost.

Is there any way to get them back without having to go through each one individually ?

Any help would be appreciated

• Hi Buffd 

A script is an online tool that MYOB can run over company files to repair some minor situations or completed various tasks such as the ability to move In Tray documents from one file to another. This is only available to MYOB support staff and for the most part requires diagnosing of the case before the script can be run.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Buffd 

I know we are aware of the same thing occurring when you use the AccountRight In Tray. What happens is that the documents are tied to the serial number in the company file, so when you do change the serial number in the company file and then upload it, as the document linkage is still looking at the older serial number those documents will not be listed.  We do have a script that we can run to move the documents from one file to another - note it is a one-way process and not something that can be reversed.

As you are using a third-party product, there may be some way to transfer those documents across again/in bulk to a company file based on a different serial number. This is a conversation you want to have with your third-party provider to see what is possible with respect to that application.

Buffd
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven.

Thanks for responding. What is this script you talk about ?

In the meantime i will enquire with DEXT.

Maybe this is something that can be looked at to add to MYOB as i am sure this is not a one off that a client has changed their serial number.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Buffd 

A script is an online tool that MYOB can run over company files to repair some minor situations or completed various tasks such as the ability to move In Tray documents from one file to another. This is only available to MYOB support staff and for the most part requires diagnosing of the case before the script can be run.