Receivables out of balance, but no transactions in the ledger on the day it goes out of balance...

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kat_Beeton
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Receivables out of balance, but no transactions in the ledger on the day it goes out of balance...

Hi,

My receivables go out of balance on 1/1/20, but when i look for transactions on this day in the general ledger, there aren't any. When i pull up a 'jounal security audit' report for transactions dated 1/1/20, there are sales that were originally dated 1/1/20, but i've subsequently changed the date on those sales. Could this be causing a glitch in my file?

I phoned MYOB 7/7/20, spoke to 'Ranjula'? who couldn't help & was organising a call back for me from someone who could help, but i haven't heard back yet.

6 REPLIES 6
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Receivables out of balance, but no transactions in the ledger on the day it goes out of balance...

Hi @Kat_Beeton 

Generally speaking an out of balance in the receivables reconciliation report would be caused by one of the types of transactions mentioned on our help article Receivables, payables or inventory out of balance.

If there weren’t any transactions on the date that the out of balance occurred, I’d be inclined to check to see if the control account had been changed, which could cause the out of balance.

If you thought changing the date on the sale had impacted the report, I’d recommend clearing the AccountRight cache. This will cause AccountRight to refresh certain information in the background and can sometimes get around unusual behaviour

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Kat_Beeton
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Receivables out of balance, but no transactions in the ledger on the day it goes out of balance...

Hi @Neil_M 

Thanks for your reply.

I tried clearing the cache, but it didn't fix this error. Does it matter that this file is in the cloud and i access it from 2 different computers? I tried clearing the cache on both computers.

I'm pretty sure it's a 'glitch'. the balance sheet figure for debtors as at the day it goes out of balance is different from the debtors balance when i run a general ledger detail for that same date. any other ideas on how to clear it?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @Kat_Beeton 

If the figure itself was different, I would be inclined to ensure that both reports are being run to include all transactions and are not excluding any transactions marked as end of year adjustments. Both the reports and Find Transactions window allow you to select whether all transactions are displayed, only year end adjustments or year end adjustments are excluded from the report

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Kat_Beeton
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Neil_M ,

thanks again for your response. i just checked. both reports include all transactions. Any other ideas?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @Kat_Beeton 

You mentioned you changed the date on a couple of sales which you believe caused this issue. Although changing the date on a transaction shouldn’t cause an out of balance to be created, I’m curious if deleting and reentering one of those sales reduces the out of balance as of that date

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Kat_Beeton
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Just an update...

I contacted MYOB technical support & there was a 'glitch' in the reports on my file which they have repaired for me. Thanks for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post