Sales import file only picking up first line/sale

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Liam98
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sales import file only picking up first line/sale

Hi there

I'm trying to get some additional sales data imported into a company on AccountRight. I'm using the Import Assistant and loading the file as a service (the data technically involves the sale of an item however they don't keep the item as an inventory/COGS so I thought it'd be easier to bring it in as sale of a service). My practice file works for the first line item however it doesn't work for any of the sales below this. I'm not getting any error messages for these sales either. I've attached the dummy file that I'm using. 

If someone could please check my file and see if anything stands out that could be causing the other lines to not import it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Re: Sales import file only picking up first line/sale

Hi @Liam98 

Export more than one sale of preferred type to create a sample template - this will show you what MYOB expects. In this case you need to add a blank line between each invoice. Multiple lines means multiple line entries on one invoice.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Liam98
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin

Thank you for your response. I just gave it a go and it worked, however when I tried it with other data I started getting the -27 error message that a non-zero amount required an account. When I went back to my original file that worked the first time, I started getting the -27 error on that too although it definitely worked before. I've attached the file with the blank lines between each invoice (the one that worked before but for some reason isn't now). I tried adding new dummy income account numbers and changing them in the file however it hasn't made any difference, and I exported the services sales data already in MYOB to check the formatting and it appears to be the same as my file so I'm not sure what I've done to get it to stop working again. 

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Liam98 

Importing can be very tricky to get right. I suggest you spend some time in the Support area, search for importing.

I can't tell what you are doing wrong, the info you provide is not consistent with the sample. If importing as Service sales, there should not be an Item column in your import. If you export as Sales > Item you must import as Sales > Item, likewise with Service.

Follow the sample export file 'exactly' - including column order and name. If something imported correctly once, you may need to change it in order to import it again otherwise MYOB may reject it as a duplicate.

Practice on a copy of your file. Or with small batches. A bad import can corrupt your file so take a backup beforehand.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post