Forum Discussion

WendySmithfield
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

unterminating employee for jobkeeper

I have an employee who started on jobkeeper and then was terminated. Now reinstated. How with STP do I unterminate them?

• Hi LDOG 

My apologies for the delay in replying to you. To correct the finish fortnight follow these instructions from the ATO website:

Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight.

Once you have done this check the employee summary of payments (EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis ... button for that employee and select download) to make sure you have notified both the start and finish fortnight to cancel out that incorrect notification.

Please let me know if you need further help.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WendySmithfield 

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the late reply. To unterminate an employee through STP:

1. Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
    2. Click Payroll Reporting Centre.
    3. Click Employee terminations.
    4. Deselect the finalised employee and remove the Employment End Date.
    5. Click Notify the ATO.
    6. Enter your name as the authorised declarer and click Send.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LDOG
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey

I have an employee who wasnt terminated however I have inadvertantly somehow managed to select a Final Jobkeeper Fortnigh in error.    I have tried to rectify by blanking the field out and also by changing the First Jobkeeper fortnight to FN05 and blanking out the Final JK field and submitting to the ATO however its just not updating or correcting itself in MYOB - it just reverts back.   How can I fix this?

Thanks Leanne

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LDOG 

My apologies for the delay in replying to you. To correct the finish fortnight follow these instructions from the ATO website:

Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight.

Once you have done this check the employee summary of payments (EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis ... button for that employee and select download) to make sure you have notified both the start and finish fortnight to cancel out that incorrect notification.