Forum Discussion

kcb001
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Job coding

When entering a new suppier invoice or new sale, I sometimes to create a new job code at that time.  However these new job codes will not be available for selection until you leave the purchase/sale entry page and restart.

Surely MYOB would realise that this is a complete waste of time not to mention the double handling on a sale/purchase.

Whilst MYOB will say to create the job code first, this is not always convenient as often the information is only to hand at the time of seeing purchase/sale.

Additionally, while this may be off topic a bit, the same thing happens when carrying out bank recs.  Should an entry have to be made at the time of reconcilliation such as a loan repayment etc., this entry will not appear until you leave the bank rec and then re-enter.  So frustrating and time consuming. We do not use intray funtion and do not not intend to in the future.  Please advise.

• Hello kcb001 

I do apologise you're experiencing frustrations with this process. To test, I have created a new Sales Invoice and created a new Job to add to that invoice within the same screen. I was able to successfully create the job, save it, and apply it to the invoice without needing to navigate away ('New Job.docx' attachment below). I did the same for a supplier invoice without issue. Note that this was done in the most recent version of AccountRight: 2020.2. Are you using the most updated version? I would also suggest you clear your AccountRight cache, as this can sometimes clear up odd behaivours the software is experiencing. That said, please do let me know if I have misunderstood your query and I would be happy to look into this further.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello kcb001 

I do apologise you're experiencing frustrations with this process. To test, I have created a new Sales Invoice and created a new Job to add to that invoice within the same screen. I was able to successfully create the job, save it, and apply it to the invoice without needing to navigate away ('New Job.docx' attachment below). I did the same for a supplier invoice without issue. Note that this was done in the most recent version of AccountRight: 2020.2. Are you using the most updated version? I would also suggest you clear your AccountRight cache, as this can sometimes clear up odd behaivours the software is experiencing. That said, please do let me know if I have misunderstood your query and I would be happy to look into this further.

kcb001
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Emily,

I am using the latest version - 2020.2 and this has now  fixed the problem.  Thank you very much