Forum Discussion

sm-2100
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Can not enter first payroll for July 2021

We are using the latest ver AccountRight 2021.3.  Server network version.  Not in the cloud.

When I process payroll, enter the fortnight date range 28th June to 11th July then click NEXT

I get an error message saying...

- Something's gone wrong and AR needs to close -

We're really sorry.  Errors like this are usually one-offs but if you keep having problems check for a solution.

I have closed open and re tried several times without it working and always getting this above msg.

PLEASE help, thank you.

• Hi sm-2100

You will only need to upload the file to the cloud to process the first payroll, once this has been processed you can restore the file back locally as mentioned above. You won't need to re upload the file to the cloud in your next pay run. 

Please do let me know how you go. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi sm-2100

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! When you receive the error message 'Something's gone wrong AccountRight needs to close' there should be an option for view error details on the bottom left hand side of that error. Can you please select this, save the error log and attach it to this thread so I can investigate. 

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi sm-2100

Thank you for the diagnostic log. We have seen a number of users attempting to process their first pays in the new payroll year encountering a Something has gone wrong message with the following error log information:

Code:

System.ArgumentException

An item with the same key has already been added.

This is currently under investigation by our team and does appear to be impacting only offline (locally stored) company files.

For users that do have an Active AccountRight Live Subscription with a free space, uploading the file to the cloud via File>>Go Online (Upload this File) will alleviate this message and allow those pays to be processed in the new payroll year. Company files can then be restored locally via backing up (File>>Backup) and restoring that file (File>>Restore) is required to remain local. I can see on our records that you have a free cloud space for your file, if your file is file ID 6 (This can be checked by going to help > About MYOB AccountRight) you can upload your file to the cloud to resolve this.

Please do let me know how you go.