Change employee employment status

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LifeLongLearner
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Change employee employment status

I have changed a couple of employees from hourly to salary - adjusted entitlements, changed to hourly etc all worked fine.

But, I have one where I have changed all the details but when I deselect Base Hourly and Annual Leave, I get the error message "One or more payroll categories cannot be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets"

I don't want to start a new card due to then losing the hsitory.

I tried Payroll Categories and unchecking the employees agains those items but still same message.

The same is happening to an employee changing from Permanent to Casual. Paid out entitlements (now showing correclty as zero), changed rate but unable to de-select annual and sick leave leave.

I tried the chat box but the person is not answering my query of this recorded timesheets message. We do not use that facilty but someone in the past must have so that timesheet link needs to be removed. The error happens on long term employees.

Any help greatly appreciated as this EOY gap is the best time to 'clean up' the payroll ready for the new year.

Thanks

Jane

Screenshot 2022-07-05 172018.png
Screenshot 2022-07-05 171952.png
Screenshot deselect Base Hourly.png
2 REPLIES 2
HelenD123
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change employee employment status

Hi Jane,

I am I right in that you have not received an answer from here?

I have same problem & I think I will have to open a new card file for the employee.

What did you do?

Thanks

Helen

@LifeLongLearner wrote:

I have changed a couple of employees from hourly to salary - adjusted entitlements, changed to hourly etc all worked fine.

But, I have one where I have changed all the details but when I deselect Base Hourly and Annual Leave, I get the error message "One or more payroll categories cannot be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets"

I tried Payroll Categories and unchecking the employees agains those items but still same message.

The same is happening to an employee changing from Permanent to Casual. Paid out entitlements (now showing correclty as zero), changed rate but unable to de-select annual and sick leave leave.

I tried the chat box but the person is not answering my query of this recorded timesheets message. We do not use that facilty but someone in the past must have so that timesheet link needs to be removed. The error happens on long term employees.

Any help greatly appreciated as this EOY gap is the best time to 'clean up' the payroll ready for the new year.

Thanks

Jane

@LifeLongLearner wrote:

Thanks

Jane

LifeLongLearner
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change employee employment status

Hi Helen

The way I got around this was to make sure the Standard Pay picked up the salary details only. Also adjusted the leave entitlements so they show up in the salary categories.

Regards

Jane

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post