EOFY

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOFY

The amounts on a MYOB payslip are showing a running total then go into a minus for 23 weeks then a zero for 2 weeks. This has caused the YTD totals to not be correct. How can I fix this so the EOFY amounts balance with the Year report which is correct in MYOB but not ATO.

18 REPLIES 18
LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Payroll EOY and ATO Report

I have a report in MYOB that shows rhe total for an employee for the whole Financial year. When I send a zero payslip with 30/06/22 to ATO it is still showing only 1/2 the employees actual yearly wage. Their acountant is hassling me about it and I am not sure how to get the full total uploaded to ATO. 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: EOFY

Hi @LLSH 

Thanks for your post. The YTD amounts on payslips are pulled from the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Pay history. It sounds like the Pay history has been manually changed. To confirm this run the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports, if they are different the Pay history has been changed. You would need to change the Pay history back to the correct YTD amounts.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Good Morning, There is no history to show on her card. I have attached snippet. Yes the amounts are different in the reports!

Pay History.PNG
LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

I have also noticed that the payslips seem to go down in the totals then up then down again? I wont attach as confidential but the first payday in July 2021 shows a minus which goes down 3 pays then up to a big figure, then down again. Doesn't seem right. No one elses does this?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LLSH 

It's the Pay history in the Payroll details tab:

image.png

The Payroll activity report pulls it's data from pays processed through Process payroll.

The Payroll register report pulls it's data from the employee card>>Pay history.

This means that if those reports are different the Pay history has been manually changed. STP reports also get their data from the Pay history so it is important to ensure it correctly reflects pays processed through payroll. Payroll adjustments should only be processed through a payrun. 

To resolve this you need to change the Pay history back to what it should be so that the activity and register reports are the same.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for your reply. The pay history is showing zero's for every month last year and as she left at the end of the last financial year 2022Capture.PNG, nothing in the year to date.

I am curious as to how anything can change as the only update done on her file was a pay increase. 

I am also confused how her payslip can show YTD as  a minus on Base hourly. This goes down to a zero YTD and then starts the next week with another zero amount?

I have attached a snippet of this.

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Question, I have identified discrepencys between the summary and Register reports, however as there are no values in the card pay history, i think this is the current year. I am needing to fix up last years and feel by entering amounts in the card they will be in this years EOFY?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LLSH 

You're correct that the Pay history only shows the current year. To fix the previous year you would need to restore a back up. This post, Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are not the same, has detailed instructions.

When you process a pay run the amounts are added to the Pay history. An example of what happens when the Pay history is manually changed:

1. base hourly YTD amount is $50,000
  2. pay is processed with base hourly of $1,000
  3. Pay history updates to $51,000
  4. Pay history is manually changed to $31,000
  5. pay is processed with base hourly of $1,000
  6. Pay history is updated to $32,000 (register and STP reports)
  7. payruns processed total $52,000 (activity report)

In your screenshots the base hourly YTD for the period 12/7 to 18/7  is -$999.40. The base hourly in the following pay run is $999.40, this is added to the YTD amount of -$999.40 giving a YTD amount of $0.00

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you, I was told there was no need to back up as MYOB backs ups every 20 minutes?

I am now wondering how I can fix this for the employee to get the correct amount sent to the ATO?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post