Forum Discussion

GillB
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Edit super fund USI and ABN

I need to change a USI and ABN for a super fund I have already setup as the fund has merged with another super fund.

I go to Lists - Superannuation Funds and click the zoom arrow to open the fund to make the changes but it won't let me edit the information, it is greyed out.

If I create a new super fund I can choose this super fund from the drop down menu and it has the new details in it, but can't save it as I already have a super fund with that name (the one I'm trying to edit details for). 

Help please as I need to process July payroll today.

GillB
    4 years ago

Hi, I have been told that if the fund is not a SMSF the ATO will update the details and it will flow through to MYOB. 

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi GillB

Thank you for your post. Can I please confirm if this is for a self managed super fund ? If so, self-managed funds can't be edited. Instead, you'll need to create a new self-managed fund with the updated details and assign it to the applicable employees. You'll need to enter a different name in the Name field to the one use previously to be able to save the new fund.

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Mark-Albert
      Contributing Cover User

Hi,

I have the same issue. It is not changing a self-managed fund but the USI of an existing APRA super fund.

Are there any clues in making this happen.

Thanks

GillB
        Experienced User

Hi, I have been told that if the fund is not a SMSF the ATO will update the details and it will flow through to MYOB. 

MBusiness_123
      Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I have a similar problem trying to change the super fund USI and ABN. Mine is not a SMSF, but a take over of fund by another fund. I can change the USI, but MYOB will not let me change the ABN. I need to submit payment but cant.

Any advice.

Thanks

Sue

GillB
        Experienced User

Currently on hold with MYOB waiting to speak to a superannuation expert - will let you know the outcome