Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Employee Self-Onboarding and TFN Declaration

Hey Team,

With the new Employee Self-Onboarding function, does this negate the need to submit a separate TFN declaration to the ATO, as it will be done through the Flare HR software? 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ntoumba
    Experienced Cover User

I would also like to know this?

Does it cover a employers obligations in relation to - 

1 - Submitting a TFN Dec to the ATO

2 - Superchoices

Can you include addtional documentation to ensure that staff recieve the required forms like:

- Casual Employement Statement

- FairWork Statement

It would be great if MYOB  could confirm these details.

ELC-Leo
      Experienced Cover User

I've been trying to find answers to these questions for the last 2 weeks, too. 
      This is essential information to have before an organisation adapts its on-boarding processes - we have legal requirments to meet... we need to know exactly how this works.

Modorators keep referring people to the official articles but articles are vague, and don't cover the questions people are actually asking. Please just answer the questions (or even say you don't know or are unwilling to say). 

ntoumba
        Experienced Cover User

ELC-Leo  I think the answer to this is ....

NO its not complaint with our obligations as employers. 

It seems that it will only be compliant with the ATO and Super obligations once MYOB are  STP 2 ready which they are not yet and have a defferal or extention for until 2023. 

So I dont think it would be wise to use the Employee Self Onboarding unless you double up and still have them complete the manual forms until MYOB is STP2 complaint. 

• Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for your posts and feedback. Until you're using STP Phase 2 you will need to continue sending TFN declaration's to the ATO for new employees. Once you've on STP Phase 2, a new employees tax details will be sent to the ATO when you declare their first payrun within your file. Information on this is available on our help article Employee Self-onboarding

In regards to Super, employees are prompted to actively choose their super fund before they can submit their details. The superchoice form is included in the super selection tab. 

We do also recommend signing up to the Employee self-onboarding course available on our MYOB Academy website which has more information on this.