MYOB Payroll - restrict access entirely

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LDOG
Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Payroll - restrict access entirely

Good Morning

I wish to restrict access for some users for Payroll - however when I now log in to the user they can still access certain parts.    They no longer have access to cards, yet they can actually process a payroll and print payroll reports.    What other selections do I need to choose in the security settings?  You would think by unticking Payroll it would exclude payroll in its entirely.

Many thanks

Leanne

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB Payroll - restrict access entirely

Hi @LDOG 

User access in AccountRight is determined by the user's role and functions of that particular role. You can see what roles the user has access to via Setup>>User Access>>Selecting the desired user ID (left-hand side) and seeing what roles you have ticked on the right. Once you have determined the role(s) of that User ID, you can navigate to the Manage Roles section (top of the window) and select that role. Anything that is ticked in the right the user would have access to that function.

If you wanted to remove the user's access to the Payroll functions you would need to ensure that Payroll is unticked after selecting that role on the left. 

Note: If the user does have access to another window that payroll transactions feed into like the Bank Register or Find Transactions or Account reports, these transactions would be listed, however, a user that has been restricted to payroll would not be able to click into the transactions to open the Pay Employee window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post