Not able to edit time sheet after processing, reversing, then deleting both those transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kaftan
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Not able to edit time sheet after processing, reversing, then deleting both those transactions

Sorry if duplicating - couldn't find a solution in other posts.  This is what I have done - 

1. processed ( & STP verified) usual pay run using timesheets;
  2. Found an error I needed to fix asap; (short paid staff member 22.5 hrs personal leave);
  3.  I changed security settings to "reverse only" then reversed the entry (may not've been the right thing to do);
  4. Tried to change time sheet again, couldn't, searched for help, then changed security settings back, so I could delete both entries.  Both entries are gone but the time sheet entries were still there & greyed out so I still couldn't edit.
  5. I manual worked out the amount underpaid & paid the guy, but I'm stuck as far as updating MYOB records.

Very grateful if anyone can help.

4 REPLIES 4
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Not able to edit time sheet after processing, reversing, then deleting both those transactions

Hi @Kaftan 

You are correct that if a timesheet has been included in a pay run the days are will be uneditable (greyed out) and not able to be deleted.

As you have already identified the amount you should pay your employee, you can click next and correct the mistake by editing the hours before you process the payrun

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Kaftan
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Not able to edit time sheet after processing, reversing, then deleting both those transactions

Hi SamaraM,

Thank you for replying to my post.

Unfortunately, I cannot edit the hours as the payrun has already been processed.  When I discovered the mistake I reversed the transaction, which created negative payrun.  I then deleted both

Now I'm unable to create the payrun again (or edit hours as you suggest) with timesheets as the hours are still greyed out.  I believe this is because I changed the security system to "reverse only" before I reversed the transaction. 

I am at a loss to know how to fix this.  I need the payment to show up in my Bank transactions. Appreciate your help.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Kaftan 

As the timesheet has already been used and is not editable at this point, the only option is to process the pay run without using a timesheet.

The steps are as follows:

1. Open Payroll > Process Payroll
  2. Select dates > Next
  3. Open each employee and enter the hours manually
  4. Then continue to process as normal

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Kaftan
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks very much.  I did manage to work it out but took ages.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post