Payroll Tax and Employees to allocate to State

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JockJ
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Tax and Employees to allocate to State

I have set up Payroll Tax in NSW and Victoria.  How do I allocate the Victorian employees to the Vic Payroll Tax and the NSW employees to the NSW Payroll Tax Reports

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Tax and Employees to allocate to State

Hi @JockJ 

AccountRight 2019 allows for the user to generate a State or Territory tax report via Reports>>Payroll>>Payroll tax. Note: You would need to set up the appropriate State or Territory and select the appropriate categories to be reported via Setup>>General Payroll Information>>Set Up Payroll Tax.

In terms of the Set Up Payroll Tax, the system does only allow for one state to be selected at a time. As the Payroll tax report will report all employees in the file it will include them into the selected State or Territory for reporting, regardless of the State listed on their employee's card. 

If you do have employees outside of that state, you would need to run multiple reports, such as the Payroll Register Detail report to determine what as paid to those employees for the desired period. You would then deduct those values from the Payroll tax report to determine the amount for that state. Note: This would be a manual process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

PhillipG
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear MYOB Team,

This product fault has been known about for many years. Could you please let the community know if you ever plan to provide this essential functionality or not. Like many other companies we have found a way around this fault, but now we have "Upgraded" it appears our solution is also no longer available to us.  Please give us all a clear answer so we can make our own plans with facts.

Thanks

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @PhillipG 

Thanks for your feedback.  To recommend this function in future product deveopment, I recommend posting/voting for it on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange.  While this task can still be completed per Steven's advice, your suggestion could help promote an easier way to do so. 

Please feel free to use the community forum if you have other inquiries. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post