Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Payroll recording error

Hi there.  I unfortuatley have had the same error as other users with regards to an error when trying to record pays: "an application operation has timed out" then unable to connect error message. I got around this the last 2 fortnights by processing 2 employees pays at a time - very time consuming & not a solution.  So looks like I need a script run on the file so I don't have a breakdown going through the same process with next weeks payroll.

Melissa

Neil_M
    4 years ago

Hi AAAMelissa 

Glad to hear that the timeout extender worked and you’ve been able to process the pays in more efficient batches.

Please don’t hesitate to post any time you have a question as we are more than happy to help

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi AAAMelissa 

Generally speaking a timeout error is caused when AccountRight is being asked to process more information than it can handle in a timeframe.

If you were getting a timeout error, then its worth applying the timeout extender. This extends the amount of time AccountRight allows before producing a timeout error

AAAMelissa
      User

Hi Neil,

I will give that a go & let you know if it's worked after processing payroll next week.

Thank you,

Melissa

Neil_M
        Former Staff

HI AAAMelissa 

I just wanted to check and see how you got on with processing that next payroll and whether you encountered the timeout error when splitting the pay run into a couple of portions as opposed to doing the entire pay run at once?