Forum Discussion

arapaoakiwi
Contributing User
11 months ago

Payroll

Hi, I have essentials payroll from last month.  I cannot find out how to code a payrun to different employee roles (goes into wages & salaries expense automatically).  Also cannot code each payment to a job code.  Help urgently please

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi arapaoakiwi 

What are the wage expense accounts you have and are there used on an employee all the time or just for a specific role they may be doing at the time?

ie if you have on site wages and say factory wages then you should have two pay items set up.  One of the you would just leave as going to the default wages account (say on site) and then other one you set up would be called Factory wages, and when creating that category you tick the box 'override employees wage expense account and choose the expense account you want it to go to.

If you have set up jobs then when processing the pay run you should be able to choose the job.

This can not be done after the payrun has been processed though.

If you wanted to adjust for pays already done and unallocted you would pass a general journal entry, crediting the wage expense account with the gross wage expense and super accounts and allocated to no job, then debit the same amount to both those accounts with a job allocated.

This will leave the super and wage expense the same but allocate them to the job in question.

arapaoakiwi
      Contributing User

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have essentials payrol and none of these things listed are available?  

thks

Sean_DC
        MYOB Moderator

Hi arapaoakiwi 

You may have to create pay items first to assign to each employee. If they all have different rates, you will have to create separate pay items for each. These Help Articles have detailed steps and information for it that you can use as a guide.

If you're using Essentials (not upgraded yet), you will have to use 3rd party apps to track Jobs since it is not available for this product. Search the list of add-ons (Australia | New Zealand) to see if there's one that suits your job costing needs. Filter by product to show only MYOB Essentials add-ons, and search the word "jobs". After the upgrade (which we call MYOB Business), there is an option to track Jobs and generate Jobs reports.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.