Returned superannuation payment for one of six employees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
gympiemeals
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Returned superannuation payment for one of six employees

Dear MYOB

I received a returned super payment for one of six employees.  I received this directly into our bank account via the superannuation company.  I then receipted it back through superannuation payments.  The reason it was sent back was that the superannuation company had changed details but the employee was not informed of changes, new details etc. We pay all super through the MYOB portal.  All help resources say to reverse the super payment that was affected as you cannot reverse just one employee's payment.  I just need to understand the process more than the information is suggesting.  The information seems to be lacking in the process following a reversal.  i.e. When you reprocess the payment it says that a second payment will not be processed however after changing the details on the affected returned payment, does MYOB automatically pick up on the fact that the details have now been rectified and process just that one payment or does the super transaction have to be processed separately.  That is to say for example 6 employees in total. Reprocess 5 - no duplicate payment and then process the returned payment separately??  Also when you reverse a superannuation payment, does it have to be the same date that it was originally processed?

I can send private message if you need more info.  Thankyou in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Returned superannuation payment for one of six employees

Hi @gympiemeals 

Thanks for your post. Once you have reversed the Pay super transaction you need to update the employee's super details then reprocess the super payment.

For the returned super contribution you would reprocess the payment in Pay Superannuation. This will repay the contribution using the updated details.

For the successfully paid contributions you would record a Pay liabilities transaction. This updates the accounts without repaying the contributions.

The Help Article, Reversing and reprocessing super payments, has detailed instructions for both steps in this process.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post