Forum Discussion

CropServ
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Superannuation Payment Returned

Is there a simpler way to process a payment that was returned from a superannuation batch? We use MYOB Pay Superannuation function.

The process in 'Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments' seems very time consuming to reverse the transaction and then manually update all the payments that went through.

With the new superannuation rules commencing last month we can no longer pay the returned amount directly to a superannuation fund, it has to be through a clearing site (ie. MYOB).

The process would be fine with only paying a couple of people, but when you have a large number of employees you are paying in one transaction it is a lot of time to manually reprocess each item in the batch.

Your help would be appreciated.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi CropServ,

If the original transaction was included in a batch, the entire batch would need to be reversed - this cannot be done individually. Although once reversed, only the bounced back super would need to be put through the Pay Super portal again, the successfully paid can then easily be recorded by heading to Pay Liabilities > 'ticking' the successfully paid contributions > entering the original Payment date and then record. I will leave a Help article below on the detailed steps for your reference:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Reversing+and+reprocessing+superannuation+payments#expand-Toreprocessreturnedsupercontributions

KT100
    Experienced Cover User

Similar to below post, however I do not use Pay Super and Pay Liabilities.

Can you please advise the process when 1 payment out of a batch payment has been returned to the bank account?

thank you

Karen

KT100
      Experienced Cover User

In addition to my first post, I am confused about what dates to use... hope you can help as confused as how this will affect reconciling via bank statements.

I paid super clearing house on 2 dec 21.

Money returned to my bank acct for 1 payment 31 Dec 21.

When the problem is sorted out, I still need to make that payment again...

What date do I do the reversal of the batch to clearing house?

What date do I then process the payments again LESS the one returned?

Sam_R
      Former Staff

Hi KT100,

Thank you for your post.

If you do not use the Pay Super or Pay Liabilities feature, I assume you use spend/receive money to record these Super payments. If this is the case, you would just need to record a receive money for the refunded amount (with the refund date), and then a 'spend money' transaction to record you making this payment through your clearinghouse again (with the reprocess date). 

If you require further assistance with this, please let me know.