Self-onboarding - failed to send email

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sue96A
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Self-onboarding - failed to send email

Hi, I am receiving an error message when attempting Employee Sef-onboarding, both through the app and the browser. I have only tried self-onboarding for two new employees, one in February 2023 and one now in May. In February I resorted to manually adding the employee but would like to resolve the issue now as we expect to have new employees in the future. A copy of both the app and browser error messages are included in the attachment. 

10 REPLIES 10
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Re: Self-onboarding - failed to send email

HI @sue96A 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I am happy to assist you and I can look into it for you. However, I have checked on the attachment and I am unable to open it. Can you please send me the screenshots of the error message that you received? You can also send me a Private message to furtherly assist you with this. 

We'll wait for your response

Cheers, 
Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

sue96A
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Cel,

The attachment I sent was a Word document containing parts of the screenshots. I have attached it now as a PDF which hopefully you can read. I couldn't send screenshots because the pages contained personal information.

Regards

Sue

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Hi @sue96A 

Thanks for your patience. And thank you for sending the pdf file for the error message. However, I wasn't able to open the pdf file. 

Can you please send me the screenshots of the exact error message that you got when sending the self onboarding form?  This will help us to know what is causing the issue.  

I'm happy to assist you. 

Cheers, 

Cel 

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

sue96A
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Cel,

I can't send screenshots because they would contain an employee email address and the names of employees which should remian confidential.

The error on the App is "We couldn't send the invite to your employee. Try again later."

The error on the browser is "! Something went wrong"

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Hi @sue96A 

May I know how you go about the issue? If the problem persists, you can send me a Private Message with the screenshots of the exact error that you received while submitting the self-onboarding form to fix the issue. 

Best Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

sue96A
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

When I'm in the App, I go to the Payroll Command Centre, click on Employee Self-Onboarding, enter the new employee's first name, last name and email address and then click on Send Self-Onboarding Form.

When I'm in the browser, I go to Payroll, Create employee, enter the new employee's first name, last name and email address and then click on Send self-onboarding form.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Hi @sue96A 

We appreciate your patience on this issue. And thank you  for responding to us and providing updates on the situation. 

Could you please confirm that your file is available online? To be able to send this form, your file must be online. If it is online and still receiving the same error, please send me a Private Message with more information about your account so that I can investigate further.

• Serial number
  • Company Name
  • CDF # (help>>about myob>>Company data file id)
  • Frist and last name of primary contact 
  • Email address\

I'll wait for your reply. 

Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

sue96A
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Cel,

The file is online. How do I send a Private Message? I clicked on the Private Message link in your previous email and couldn't see how to do it. It would be good if this problem could be fixed up today as Thursday is my only day available to attend to this.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

HI @sue96A 

We appreciate your patience on this issue. And thank you for always responding to us and providing updates on this situation. 

Could you please give me with the exact error message that displays on your screen when you try to send a Employee-self-onboarding on your employees? I can definitely look into it for you to assist  you further.

When sending a private message kindly click on the highlighted word Private Message. You can also access your private message when signed into the Community Forum by clicking on your avatar on the top right corner of the window and select the envelope icon. 

I'll wait for your response. 

Best  Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post