Trying to Pay Super

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lornev
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Trying to Pay Super

Hi,

Is anyone having trouble paying super via Myob?

2 employees super payment went through ok but the other 2 havent. 

For one employee the message I get is:   "One or more super funds selected is inactive and can't accept payments."  I have paid this person's super for a number of months now, with no issue. 

The other employee the message I get is: "This fund can no longer receive contributions using Pay Superannuation.  Please edit the fund from the superannuation fund list window and select a valid name for it"  I have check with the super fund and have all the correct details.

Does anyone know if this a Myob issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Trying to Pay Super

Hi @lornev 

Thank you for the error message details.

The first error can occur when the super fund has had some changes, e.g. merged or renamed. I'd suggest using this current Super Fund list to verify the fund details, it's best to look up the fund based on its SPIN/USI instead of the fund name.

The second error typically occurs when the super fund/SMSF created is corrupted. To fix it simply go to Lists > Superannuation, rename the existing fund then create a new fund with the same details. Assign the new fund to the employee card and process pay super.

Please feel free to let us know how you go, or if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

lornev
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply:

For the first problem, I have checked the list that you gave me and the super fund doesnt appear there (used the USI number) but I have paid 8 payments spanning March through to October 2022 and havent had this problem before. 

Any thoughts please? 

Thankyou

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @lornev 

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Super funds can change or merge at varies times, so it's possible that the fund created was working fine during the previous payment batch but not this one. The linked Super Fund list is kept up to date with the current fund details, the same details are using within the software Pay Super checks so it's always a good idea to check on the list when in doubt. 

I trust that you've already successfully made the super payment by now, please feel free to share any useful findings with the community, or let us know any further questions you may have.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post