Forum Discussion

simonefm
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

how to get the payment summary for employees for 2019/2020

I understand we don't need do the step "prepare payment summaries" because we can do a finalisation through STP.

I finalised the year 2019/2020 in payroll reporting centre last week. But some staff requested a hard copy of payment summary today. I don't know how to get the payment summaries without doing the step "prepare payment summaries". I tried to do "prepare payment summaries" but the current payroll year is 2020/2021. I am unable to prepare payment summaries for 2019/2020 anymore.

I downloaded reports under the function "EOFY finalisation" but I noticed some message on the top line of the page as below: this report is not a payment summary. this form can't be submitted to the ATO.

I am a bit confused. This is the only summary report that I can find for our staff. But it looks a bit unprofessional.

Could any expert advise the right way to get the payment summary for 2019/2020 for individual employee?

Thanks a lot.

Simone

• simonefm 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

If you are using the latest version Account Right 2020.2 you will OT be able to produce "Income Statements" (previosly know as Payment Summaries and before that as Group Certificates).

This function has been removed from the software.

You can still do it in the older 2020.1.

In the new version you Run the Payroll Register Summary Report and compare it to the STP verification report and if they match proceed to STP Finalisation. If they don't match you need to find the errors and fix them before Finalisation.

Once you have done the finalisation your employees MUST download their "Income Statement" from their MyGov website.

You can also print out the individual employee verification reports but can not be used as Income Statements.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

simonefm 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

If you are using the latest version Account Right 2020.2 you will OT be able to produce "Income Statements" (previosly know as Payment Summaries and before that as Group Certificates).

This function has been removed from the software.

You can still do it in the older 2020.1.

In the new version you Run the Payroll Register Summary Report and compare it to the STP verification report and if they match proceed to STP Finalisation. If they don't match you need to find the errors and fix them before Finalisation.

Once you have done the finalisation your employees MUST download their "Income Statement" from their MyGov website.

You can also print out the individual employee verification reports but can not be used as Income Statements.

simonefm
      Experienced User

Thanks very much. Your answer is very helpful.