Find Transactions Date Filter error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BrendanMP
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Find Transactions Date Filter error

When i use the 'Find Transactions' screens in the browser it sometimes filters out transactions entered with the same date as entered in the 'Date To' field.

ie, transaction entered 31/07/2023, open the Find Transactions screen and search for transactions with Date from 01/07/2023 and Date To 31/07/2023. 

In the example above i can see 6 transactions. If i then extend the Date search out to 01/08/2023, i can see 2 additional transactions dated 31/07/2023 plus transactions then dated on the 01/08/2023.

This date filter issue occurs every end of month for me, but at this stage I have not identified a trend in why some transactions are filtered out if they have the same date as the 'Date To' field.

I have previously logged this through support but the only response they gave was that i was likely to be viewing a second myob file or the transactions were deleted, both of which are incorrect. 

Does this error occur for anyone else?

9 REPLIES 9
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,431 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,431Posts

118Kudos

276Solutions

Re: Find Transactions Date Filter error

Hi @BrendanMP,

Thank you so much for your post and for the detailed information. I regret to hear that you've been encountering issues with finding transactions. Your patience and understanding regarding this matter are greatly appreciated, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response.

The issue you've described with the "Find Transactions" screen in MYOB, where transactions entered with the same date as the "Date To" field are sometimes filtered out, can be resolved by following these steps:

Check Date Formatting:

• Ensure that the date formatting in the "Date To" field is consistent with the date format used. MYOB typically uses the format "dd/mm/yyyy" for dates. Verify that you've entered the date correctly.

Re-Enter the Date:

• If you suspect that there might be a formatting or data entry issue, try re-entering the date in the "Date To" field, ensuring it matches the date format used in MYOB.

Clear Cache and Cookies:

• Sometimes, browser cache and cookies can cause display issues in web-based applications. Clear your browser's cache and cookies and then try the "Find Transactions" function again.

Use a Different Browser:

• If the issue persists, try accessing MYOB and using the "Find Transactions" feature in a different web browser. This can help determine if the problem is specific to one browser.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

BrendanMP
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Earl_HD 

I use the options in the 'Period' dropdown list to select 'last month' or the date pickers so i am not entering dates incorrectly. Refer to the attached screenshot.

The missing transactions only appear when i change the 'Date To' option to the following day, either by typing or using the date picker so i don't believe it is an error with date formatting on my end. 

The same problem occurs after clearing cache and also using different browsers. 

I have even tried it on the browser on my phone to try different devices and the transactions do not appear until i extend my date range another day.

The trouble is that i then get transactions from the following day that i didn't want in that filter. 

To narrow it down, i am only looking at 'General Journal' transactions & will review the screen before and after posting our August end of month transactions to see if i can identify what type of transactions trigger this behaviour. 

Brendan.

MYOB txn search.png
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,431 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,431Posts

118Kudos

276Solutions

Hi @BrendanMP,

Thanks for the detailed information and my apologies for the late response.  Since the missing transactions only appear when you extend the 'Date To' option to the following day, it could be related to how transactions are timestamped or recorded in your system. This behavior might be specific to the system's design or configuration.

To identify what type of transactions trigger this behavior, as you mentioned, reviewing the screen before and after posting your August end-of-month transactions is a good approach. It might provide insights into why this particular behavior occurs. 

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

BrendanMP
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Earl_HD 

When we use the 'Record Journal Entry' screen from the Accountright desktop application on our server, the transactions do not show correctly in the browser 'Find Transaction' screens.

Each time we have done this, the transactions are not visible in the browser until we change the date to the day after the transaction date.

There may be a slight difference between how the Accountright desktop application and the browser record transactions. 

It seems that browser functions like 'Record and Duplicate' journals works correctly.

Please let me know if you want any more information, but this has occurred consistently with multiple users.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,928 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,928Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @BrendanMP

Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the issue with the Find Transaction window. I would suggest manually filling out the dates for the Find Transaction window. As this might filter the dates transactions differently. 

If this does not solve the issue, please send us screenshots showing the transactions that are missing from the filter and the Find Transaction window.

We look forward to your response. 

Cheers, 
Genreve

BrendanMP
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Genreve_S 

I have just sent you a PM with slightly more detail, but for anyone else intersted, please see the attached screenshots.

We partially use Accountright Desktop program and the browser and all 3 missing transactions were generated from within the Desktop app, 'Record Journal Entry' program.

Extend Date Range to Show Transactions.pngCorrect Date Range excluding Transactions.png

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,928 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,928Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi Brendan, 

Thanks for the reply and the screenshots you've sent so far. 

I understand this is taking up a lot of time to fix and we appreciate your patience. May I get you to try and change the date to the 30th and save it? After that change the dates to the 31st to see if this changes the timestamps inside the system. 

We look forward to your response. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

BrendanMP
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Genreve_S 

That was a great idea.

I have modified the date on a Journal #924 in the Accountright Desktop program. 

It in the Desktop program the date was changed succesfully and is filtered based on the new date however the browser screen still only shows that transaction when i search for 1 extra day. 

If i modify the date of the transaction in the browser, both thebrowser screen and the Accountright program then filter it correctly according to the date saved on the transaction. 

There is different behaviour between the Desktop program and the browser screens.

See example below.

Transaction 924 date was modified to 30/08/2023 using the Accountright Desktop program, it is not visible in the browser when searching for the 30/08/2023.

Jnl 924 Change Date Not Showing in Browser.png

Transaction 924 is included when i extend the date range 1 extra day again.

Jnl 924 Change Date Showing in Browser Day Late.png

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,928 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,928Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @BrendanMP

Thanks for your response and update. 

I'm glad somehow this worked out fine. This would be a temporary fix to the issue. In the meantime, I will raise this to the appropriate team. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon. 

If you need any other assistance, feel free to post again in the forum.  

Thanks, 
Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post