Forum Discussion

3 months ago
Solved

Account cannot be duplicated. Please select a different Account

I get this error message when attempting to link one of our bank accounts, even though the account in question is not linked to a bank feed

• Hi, WYCTreasurer

Thanks for your patience.

We were able to execute a fix on your file. Please try linking your bank account again to see if it's working now. Feel free to create a post again if further assistance is needed.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

6 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, WYCTreasurer

Thanks for your patience.

We were able to execute a fix on your file. Please try linking your bank account again to see if it's working now. Feel free to create a post again if further assistance is needed.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WYCTreasurer

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand that you need to link your ledger account to your new bank feeds. This error message generally appears if you already used that ledger account to upload QIF files (bank statements). I recommend going to the 'Bank Transaction > Import Statement' window and deleting the QIF file/files connected to the ledger account. If the issue persists after following this or if you encounter any error messages, let us know, and we'll help with this concern further.

Thanks,
    Genreve

WYCTreasurer
      User
      Thanks Genreve.  Appears there are no QIF files connected to this account.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 180957.png
      Can you suggest something else I could try?

Thanks
  • URGENT: I have the same issue and deleting QIF statements is not working - I keep getting an error message and refreshing does not help. I cannot allocate the new bank feed to the main cheque account even though the old bank feed has been cancelled. I get the error message: Account cannot be duplicated. Please select a different Account. 

Please help urgently as BAS is due! Cannot find a way to message support directly.

Thank you

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi KMCG,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum!

To give you the best assistance, I need just a tad more info—like which account you're aiming to link your bank account to. Could you kindly let me know if it's 2-1400, 1-1400, or 1-1100? With that puzzle piece, I'll be able to zip through this and get you sorted pronto!

Best regards,

Doreen