Forum Discussion

TreasurerRMD
Contributing User
12 months ago
Solved

Invoice matching

Hi team,

I have set up online invoicing (MYOB Essentials) and have just sent out a batch of circa 75 separate invoices. Customers are starting to pay, which is good. But the payments are coming through as bulk amounts on my bank statement -  which makes matching almost impossible. Can someone help? Thank you.

Genreve_S
    11 months ago

Hi TreasurerRMD.

Thank you for responding. 

Although undoing matched transactions unlinks the transaction from the bank feed transaction it was connected to.  If the transaction was already reconciled or marked in the reconcile accounts window it wont show up under bank transaction window as a possible match. I would much recommend undoing previous reconciliation and unmarking these transactions under reconcile accounts that you unmatched then try again to match them under bank transactions window. 

If you encounter any issues or have any other questions feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TreasurerRMD

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Community Forum. 

Since the bank feeds show as bulk payments then you need to record the payments on the application as bulk too. Here is a Help Article Making electronic payments that will guide you through the steps.

Also, here is a Help Article Online invoice payments in case you are using MYOB Payby. 

If you have any other questions or need further assistance feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

TreasurerRMD
      Contributing User

Hi Genreve,

Unfortuntely this does not help me because the bulk anount coming through the bank statement needs to be allocated to different ledger accounts. 

MYOB does not provide a breakdown on the bulk amount. Neither does the bank. So I am stuck because of the  invoices I have sent out, I don't have a report that tells me which ones make up the bulk amount on the bank statement.

Thoughts? Thank you.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TreasurerRMD

Thanks for the response. 

If you are currently using the MYOB Payby or Online Invoice Payment there is a report that can tell you what transactions make up for the bulk payments. Here is the Help Article Online invoice payments that would guide you to the steps on how to reconcile these transactions.

Let us know if you still run into trouble. 

Cheers,

Genreve