Forum Discussion

greg10
User
2 years ago
Solved

Match Bill to Bank Transaction - Statement Text Error

I have created a bill and made a payment to the supplier.  The payment appears on my bank feed and when I match the transactions I can find the bill and it balances to the cent.  However, when I hit save I get an error message saying "You have indicated that the transaction is to be paid electronically. All electronic payments must contain Statement Text."

I don't pay electronically out of myob and don't know why the program thinks I am doing this.  I have tried to put information in statement text on the contact (not sure what information it needs as the bank transaction description is longer than the statement text box will accept).

How can I stop this error and match the billl and bank transaction?

Genreve_S
    2 years ago

Hi greg10 

Thank you for posting. 

As Victoria1975 suggested, we need to check on how your file was set up. This Help Article Managing linked accounts is useful in knowing more information about linked accounts. 

What we could do is check the linked accounts for electronic payment and make sure they are on the electronic clearing account. After making sure that the Bank account for electronic payments is already on the electronic clearing account, we could try and match the bank transaction again. 

If you need further assistance or the issue still persists. Feel free to reply to this thread. 

Best regards 

Genreve.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I'm not entirely sure of the answer to the question. My suggestion is there must be something in your settings. Either look at your Bank settings? OR look at the settings you have for the supplier you've made the bill to. 

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi greg10 

Thank you for posting. 

As Victoria1975 suggested, we need to check on how your file was set up. This Help Article Managing linked accounts is useful in knowing more information about linked accounts. 

What we could do is check the linked accounts for electronic payment and make sure they are on the electronic clearing account. After making sure that the Bank account for electronic payments is already on the electronic clearing account, we could try and match the bank transaction again. 

If you need further assistance or the issue still persists. Feel free to reply to this thread. 

Best regards 

Genreve.

greg10
        User

Hello VIctoria and Genreve,

the linked account was the problem.  It is now working.

thanks again.

greg 

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi greg10 

Thank you for letting us know. Great to hear that you've had that resolved.

Please feel free to post again if you need further assistance in the future.

Cheers,

Princess