An unrecognised error occurred - MatchingTransactions_AmountToShouldNotBeNull

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
US1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

An unrecognised error occurred - MatchingTransactions_AmountToShouldNotBeNull

How can I fix the following error when trying to allocate/match a transaction (zero value)?

"Something went wrong. Check the details entered are correct and try again. An unrecognised error occurred - MatchingTransactions_AmountToShouldNotBeNull"

It is from a foreign exchange transaction in our bank feed.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: An unrecognised error occurred - MatchingTransactions_AmountToShouldNotBeNull

Hi @US1 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Are you trying to allocate or match a transaction that has a null value - i.e. $0.00?

If that is the case that is why you are receiving the error message. You will not be able to match this transaction.

If it is not the case, could you respond with a screenshot of the transaction and error message so I can reproduce it from my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

US1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: An unrecognised error occurred - MatchingTransactions_AmountToShouldNotBeNull

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it is $0.00 value. Is there any way to remove it from our unallocated transaction list?

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @US1 

At this stage, it is not possible for the transaction to be removed as it was sent by the bank. However, the following steps can be done as a workaround so it leaves the unallocated list:

1. Create a Spend Money transaction for $0 with the same date as the bankfeed.
  2. Go back to the Bank Transactions screen, check that the $0 is now showing as allocated.
  3. Go to the Banking > Find Transactions window and delete the spend money that was created in step 1 and the bank feed transaction should still be marked as allocated and not show on the Unallocated list.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

US1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Unfortunately in your sugested solution step 2 did not work - the tranaction was still unallocated.

However, I did find an alternative solution Smiley Happy 

From the bank transactions list I selected the $0.00 transaction which made an "allocate" button appear and I could chose an account from there.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post