EOFY Leave hrs do not balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Carbine
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOFY Leave hrs do not balance

My Payroll Register and Payroll Activity reports match exactly for the $ amounts but the leave balance (hrs) does not. Some, but not all, employees who left during the FY and had their leave paid out have a negative hrs value in the Payroll Register but not in the Payroll Activity. I suspect it might be due to A/L hrs carried over from previous yrs. Does it matter for EOFY finalisation? 

Thanking MYOB Supporters in advance 

6 REPLIES 6
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: EOFY Leave hrs do not balance

Hi @Carbine 

Thank you for your post. 

Payroll Activity Summary and Payroll Register Summary are reports that appear identical but are drawing their information from two different locations. The Payroll Activity Summary report is looking at the actual Payroll transactions recorded in payroll, whereas the Payroll Register Summary report looks at the employee’s card. 

If these particular reports don’t match, it is likely that the pay history/leave balances have been updated manually. To get them to match you can check your Pay History for this employee and determine where it doesn't balance. You can check the payroll transactions from your Payroll Activity Summary Report. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Carbine
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

All I want to know is can I leave it as is. I've never adjusted pays manually, the problems all occurred during the 'upgrade'. All the employees in question have now left. I know they were paid correctly at the time. All the dollar values match. Do I need to spend endless hours fixing an MYOB software stuff-up or not?

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Carbine 

If the employees have left and are set as inactive already, you may leave it as it is. If you have further questions about it on EOFY, we also suggest that you contact the ATO.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Carbine 

When a file is upgraded from v19, there is a known bug with how leave accruals are treated. When this happens the file needs to be fixed by MYOB - you will see a number of older forum posts about this. sometimes you can fix it yourself by editing the carry forward balance in order to get the correct end result.

Fortunately none of this is reportable to the ATO, so it will not affect your STP reporting or the EOY process. You only report leave paid as a dollar amount.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Carbine
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou Gavin 12345,

Companies rarely admit their errors, so thankyou.

I'm fastidious when it comes to doing payroll, hence I had no idea how to repair the error because I can't see how it occurred.

Now I know I can fix it later for cosmetic effect.

Thankyou again

Carbine

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @Carbine 

I rarely admit my own errors! - happy to point out MYOB's though - I am not an employee, just a forum users telling it like it is.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post