Forum Discussion

davis_aj
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

myob business allocating multiple payroll payments to one bank transaction

Hello

This new MYOB Business is driving me crazy.

How do you allocate an internet banking payment for payroll for multiple employees,  In MYOB essentials I just used to go to "match transactions" and all the employees would be listed and I just clicked on them until the full payment was reconciled, I can't seem to do that in MYOB Business, please can someone advise ASAP.

Thanks for the assistance.

• Hi davis_aj 

In MYOB Business you can match multiple payroll transactions to one bank feed transaction by clicking on the expand arrow>>Match transaction and selecting the payroll transactions. If the payroll transactions don't appear to be matched, go to Banking>>Find transactions>>locate a payroll transaction>>click on the reference number to open the transaction and check the account selected in the Account field and the Payment method.

If the selected account is the correct bank account, in the Bank transactions window click on Match transactions and change the Show filter to All transactions.

If the Payment method is Electronic, the account will be the electronic clearing account. We've added the ability to pay suppliers electronically so the process for electronic payments has changed. You will now need to set up electronic payments and process the electronic payment transaction, you can then match the electronic payment transaction to the bank feed transaction. These Help Articles have detailed information:

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

If you continue to have problems please provide a screenshot of a pay transaction so that I can assist further. make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots before posting on the Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi davis_aj 

In MYOB Business you can match multiple payroll transactions to one bank feed transaction by clicking on the expand arrow>>Match transaction and selecting the payroll transactions. If the payroll transactions don't appear to be matched, go to Banking>>Find transactions>>locate a payroll transaction>>click on the reference number to open the transaction and check the account selected in the Account field and the Payment method.

If the selected account is the correct bank account, in the Bank transactions window click on Match transactions and change the Show filter to All transactions.

If the Payment method is Electronic, the account will be the electronic clearing account. We've added the ability to pay suppliers electronically so the process for electronic payments has changed. You will now need to set up electronic payments and process the electronic payment transaction, you can then match the electronic payment transaction to the bank feed transaction. These Help Articles have detailed information:

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

If you continue to have problems please provide a screenshot of a pay transaction so that I can assist further. make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots before posting on the Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.