Quotations - former features missing?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RowenaW
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

20Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Quotations - former features missing?

Has the ability to move around and insert or duplicate line items in Quotes or Invoices been removed during the upgrade? This is making the quotation process considerably more time consuming, particularly with long and and complex quotes. 

6 REPLIES 6
Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Quotations - former features missing?

It appears that way, the functionality still exists in Invoices from what i can see but so much more cutting and pasting espeically if copying an old quote. I am lucky enough to have an issue where MYOB decides to re-order the line items in my quote, this has made life even more interesting once the quote is about 10 lines long

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Nathan88 wrote:

It appears that way, the functionality still exists in Invoices from what i can see but so much more cutting and pasting espeically if copying an old quote. I am lucky enough to have an issue where MYOB decides to re-order the line items in my quote, this has made life even more interesting once the quote is about 10 lines long

they have also removed the oprion to move items up and down on thev quote..there used to be three little dots you could click on to move a line up and down 

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Yep, super annoying! They are still there for invoices but not for quotes... One of my old bugs with MYOB is it used to re-order my quote randomly which makes this new problem even more fun..

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Nathan88 wrote:

Yep, super annoying! They are still there for invoices but not for quotes... One of my old bugs with MYOB is it used to re-order my quote randomly which makes this new problem even more fun..

thats annoying..ive not ever noticed that but annoying all the same.

RowenaW
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

20Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, that used to happen to me too.

RowenaW
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

20Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

The previous version was far more flexible and modular, it is a real backward step. Now you are unable to:

- move line items around the quote

- insert line items anywhere except at the bottom of the quote (this is ridiculous when you have a quote with several line items and you need to go back and revise it)

- duplicate line items.

And, the 'description' column is far too narrow.

It seems that proper thought has not been given re user requirements. I hope MYOB acts on everyone's feedback.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post