Client address change - Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KHearty
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Client address change - Error

Hey, a client has recently changed address and I am trying to update their contact details, however I keep getting the error message "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit". I have had a play around with how the new address is typed and tried reducing the fields however I am having no luck.

Is any one able to offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
DianneMc
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Client address change - Error

I'm having the same issue.  No obvious field with too many characters.

@KHearty wrote:

Hey, a client has recently changed address and I am trying to update their contact details, however I keep getting the error message "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit". I have had a play around with how the new address is typed and tried reducing the fields however I am having no luck.

Is any one able to offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @KHearty and @DianneMc 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

Can you please let me know if you are changing any other fields on the client's card as the error is "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit" it could be referring to another field. 

MYOB Business currently only supports 250 characters in the notes field. 
The current workaround is to copy the employee notes onto a separate document, such as a Word document or Notepad file. This allows you to keep a record of these notes outside of the file.

Once copied, the notes can be removed or edited to be below 250 characters.

The error message should also direct you to which field is causing this error to pop up. 

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

KHearty
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hey Chris, thanks for your reply. 

No, the only fields we are trying to change are address fields and we have tried numerous ways to enter the new address to ensure we are not using too many characters. We are not sure how to proceed. Is it that any clients moving home will need to have their account deleted and a new account set up? 

Thanks, Kat

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @KHearty 

Can you please attempt using another web browser and also confirm the last 4 digits of the serial number. 

Can you please let me know how many characters you are typing in for the address and I'll be able to investigate this further for you.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

KHearty
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am trying to change the address field (not the suburb or postcode fields) to an address which has 22 characters including spaces. I have also tried changing this field to 6 characters as a test but still no joy. Still getting the same error. Surley that's not too many? 

I am sorry - what do you mean 'serial number'? 

Thanks again, Kat

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @KHearty 

Those should definitely be within the character limit. 

Have you tried using another web browser when trying to change the details? 

Even though you are only trying to change the address can you please confirm that the error is not related to another field such as the notes section as this can only hold 250 characters.

If you aren't using the notes section this doesn't mean that the error doesn't pertain to another area, it might be that a field from before the upgrade was able to fit a certain amount of characters it might not now, we commonly see this with the customers name. I would suggest checking the other fields as well.

The error message should also direct you to which field is causing this error to pop up.

The Serial number should be listed when you click on the business name when logged in, can you please confirm the last 4 digits for me.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

KHearty
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Chris, apologies for the delayed response. 

I have tried using both Firefox & Google Chrome browsers with no joy. I have removed all notes (although there were only 14 characters used) and I have played with the names and address in order to shorten these fields as much as possible (although none of these fields are excessive) however I am still having no joy in updating the clients address. 

The error message doesn't appear to direct me to any particular field and there are no fields highlighted to show an error in any way. 

The Serial number is ***8056

We are still at a loss so any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, Kat

KHearty
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I wonder if anyone has had any luck conquering this issue yet? @ChrisMYOB are you able to help any further? 

We almost had sensitive mail posted out to an incorrect address today as we are still unable to amend the address in MYOB. I have today tried completely deleting the address altogether, however this shows the same error code as before - One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit - and refuses to delete. 

Where am I going wrong? Is there a call centre where someone can talk us though this? I cant belive it should be so difficult to change a clients address? 

Thanks in advance, Kat

KHearty
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@DianneMc .....Did you ever manage to solve the problem of how to amend an address in MYOB? Thanks, Kat

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post