Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Duplicate Purchase order number

This morning I created a new purchase order, ie 00024196  but while i had the PO open and was still writing in the order, another user was able to create a new order with the same number 00024196 (on purchases register screen we both clicked "NEW PURCHASE" allocating the next available number

When i went to send my PO to the supplier the PO number changed to 00024197 

Why did thePO number i was already using still come up to them as the next available?  And how can the PO number be locked to all other users as soon as it is opened/allocated

I cant see anything in the SET UP menu to lock it 

• Hi ABDowns 

This is because the transaction needs to be recorded in order for the purchase order number to be registered as 'used'. Upon hitting the record button it will check against the PO numbers already used in the system and react to it accordingly.

If you have a big transaction to enter and would like to secure the PO number while entering the transaction, you can consider recording a blank transaction with the desired number first, then edit the transaction with details. 

I hope this helps.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi ABDowns 

This is because the transaction needs to be recorded in order for the purchase order number to be registered as 'used'. Upon hitting the record button it will check against the PO numbers already used in the system and react to it accordingly.

If you have a big transaction to enter and would like to secure the PO number while entering the transaction, you can consider recording a blank transaction with the desired number first, then edit the transaction with details. 

I hope this helps.