Forum Discussion

karenwhyte
Contributing User
2 years ago

Reverse a bill in MYOB Business

Hi

How do I reverse a bill in MYOB Business?

In Accountright you could set it to Reverse only under Security preferences.

Thanks

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi karenwhyte 

Thank you for your post. 

If you have not yet matched or reconciled, you can simply delete the bill by opening the bill (Purchases menu > Bills > click the bill) and then Delete. If you've already recorded a payment for it, you will need to delete the payment first before you can delete the bill. To do this, Open the bill the payment was applied to. In the Activity history at the bottom, click the reference number for the payment you want to delete. After that, you can delete the bill.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

karenwhyte
      Contributing User

Thanks Sean

Unfortunately I don't want to delete the bill as the reporting for the quarter has already been done. I would like to reverse it in the following quarter. Is there a way to do that like you can in AccountRight.

Thanks

Sean_DC
        MYOB Moderator

Hi karenwhyte 

At the moment, there is no Reverse in MYOB Business/Essentials. I suggest that you consult with your accountant on how to record a transaction to cancel the bill that you want without deleting it. You may suggest this feature on our Product Ideas Board so that others can vote for it as well.