Forum Discussion

RachelCSL
Contributing User
2 months ago

MYOB Essentials Payroll backup

Ive received an email for end of year payroll upgrade and first thing it says to do is a backup. I can't find anywhere that I can do this in the online program? Can anyone help with if this needs to be done - I just assumed it was all backed up on the Cloud by MYOB but am starting to wonder now...

3 Replies

AdminKirsty
    Experienced User

Hi Rachel,

Sorry I don't have a definitive response for you, but I wonder if you have been given instructions for a desktop version, instead of an online one?

Either way, you may like to download whatever reports you can, to make sure your current year data is consistent, after the changeover to the new version.

Good luck,  hope you find your answer.

Kirsty.

(MYOB Certified Gold Partner, Tax Agent etc)

RachelCSL
      Contributing User

Thanks Kirsty, I have run all the reports I can find - it just made me wonder where/how backups are done. Where are they stored and what assurances do we have that all our information is safe?  I'd hate to find out something had gone wrong and all our records were gone :-(

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi RachelCSL,

Thank you for your post and your patience in waiting for a response.

I understand your concern about the backup of your MYOB Essentials payroll data. If your company file is online, your data is securely held by MYOB in state-of-the-art data centers and cloud servers. These facilities automatically back up your data online weekly and retain it for six months.

To ensure your data is safe, you can export and print all the necessary information for reference in case you need it in the future. 

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess