Forum Discussion

Jasper1
Contributing User
10 months ago

Pay Reversal. PEASE HELP. I can't complete my BAS and EOFY.

Hi All

I am new to Payroll and I have already stuffed up !!!

In the employee set up I selected Electronic payments. I didn't realise what problems this would cause.

My PnL is reporting double the actual pay. In the bank transactions I entered the payment as 'wages and salaries'. There is now a duplication ofthe pays due to the elctronic payments in MYOB waiting to be paid.

I have changed the employee payment to 'cheque'. I need to know what is the best way to fix this. I cannot do my BAS until sorted.

Please Help

Thanks

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jasper1

Thanks for reaching out. 

Putting the employee payment method to electronic payments means that their payment would go through a loading account(electronic clearing account) before we could transfer it to the bank account where it's supposed to be paid. 

If the bank feed transactions you have were allocated to wages and salaries I would suggest finding those transactions in find transactions and deleting them. Then you could go to "prepare electronic payments" and process the pay run transactions there to move into the bank account one by one. 

Here is the help article Making electronic payments to help you with the process.

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve