DAL-WA
Experienced User
2 months ago
Solved

Reconcil 2 bank payments to one payroll in the web bases MYOB

Hello

I paid an employee the incorrect amount so I paid the balance in the same day

So there is 2 banking entry to one payroll entry

When I go to reconcile it will not allow me the select both payments and I am out of balance

How can I reconcil 2 bank payments to one payroll in the web bases MYOB reconcile bank transactions

thank you

• Hi DAL-WA,

Thanks for your post. As mentioned in my previous response, you will need to reverse the payroll transaction and redo it twice with the two amounts to match the bank feed transactions. Once the pay run is processed, you can match the payroll transaction to the bank feed transaction. The Help Article on Fixing a Pay will provide you with the steps on how to reverse a pay.

Another option is to create journal entries that match the two bank transaction amounts. The Help Article on adding and finding journal entries will provide you with the steps on how to create a journal entry for payroll. However, I recommend seeking help from your accountant when doing this, as this would be considered financial advice.

Feel free to reply if you need further help. I also recommend getting in touch through our online help center, MOCA, whenever you need immediate assistance.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

5 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DAL-WA,

Thanks for your post.

After the pay run was processed, it was paid in real life, but the payment was split into two. In this case, you may need to split the pay run as well. You will need to reverse and then reprocess the payment based on how the payment was split. Once the pay run is processed, you can match the payroll transaction to the bank feed transaction. The Help Article on Fixing a Pay will provide you with the steps on how to reverse a pay. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

DAL-WA
      Experienced User

Hello

There has to be a better way than reversing a payroll

How would I make this work?

The payroll amount was $2193.95

I paid $2193.65

the next day I paid $0.30

So how do I reverse a payroll to reflect this scenario?

Both amounts can be selected in the bank feed but can not be applied to the Payroll transaction

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi DAL-WA

Acknowledging your response. As Shella_A pointed out, the only way to align payroll payments in the bank feeds with incorrect amounts is to recreate the pay runs identically. Alternatively, you could create journal entries to match the amounts, but this would require assistance from an accountant or financial advisor.

We value your patience. If you think the app could handle these situations more effectively, we encourage you to share your thoughts on the Ideas Exchange board. Our development team will consider your suggestions for future updates.

Please reach out if you need further help.

Thanks,

Genreve