Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

STP from migrated Business Pro

Hi There

I have migrated most of my clients from Account Right to MYOB Business Pro/Lite. I setup the STP and Notified ato of the BMS Id and all good from my end in the files I do the work from (I am the tax agent/bookkeeper for the clients).

However the issue is at the client files from under their user login (I sent them new user invitation for the new Business file). The STP from their end is getting rejected saying not the correct software id. 

In the new migrated Business file the software id stayed the same under my login as how it was when the file was still an AR file While in the migrated file under the client's user access it changed to a different software id number for the same Business File? Anyway, I updated ato (through access manager) with the software id that is showing under the client's user access but still, the STP been rejected when are done by the client... 

Any solution or explanation?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: STP from migrated Business Pro

Hi @Bassem 

Don't confuse BMSID with software ID (SSID) - BMSID identifies the software used to avoid duplication etc, SSID advises the ATO that this user (and it is user specific) is authorised to lodge for this ABN. You can have multiple SSID's registered with the ATO, one for each user. So you might be authorised, but it seems from you post that your client is not. Client needs to submit their own SSID.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @Bassem,

Thank you for your post. The error message you're receiving from the ATO has something to do with the software ID. The solution involved updating the software ID for the new MYOB Business account to match the old software ID from the AccountRight account. It's important to note that the process of updating the software ID and resolving STP reporting issues can be complex and may vary depending on specific circumstances. 

If you need to get your software ID outside the connect to ATO process, you can get it by:

• Go Payroll Single Touch Payroll Reporting.
  • Click ATO settings.
  • Note down your software ID and notify the ATO that you're using MYOB for payroll reporting.

This helpful article on notifying the ATO for single-touch payroll reporting will give you the full, detailed information and instructions to assist you with this. Also, we would like to acknowledge @gavin12345 for giving clarification about the differences between the SID and the BMS ID. We always appreciate your helpful information.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Bassem
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

So you are saying the client has to notify ato about the new SSID? I did notify ato about the client new SSID (through my own access manager).

So you are saying they have to do it using their own details and I cannot just add it myself through my access manager.

They don't have access manager, so they need to contact ato by phone as per the step mentioned by Shella A, I assume.

What about BMS Id, Is it the same one I provided to ato ( as a tax agent) or the client has a different one as well?

By the way, that was not the case when we were using AR..

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

181Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Bassem,

In addition to the information that Shella and Gavin have provided, each STP user will need to notify the ATO with the new software ID to avoid any error when submitting pay runs. Regarding BMS ID, your client will need to check their MyGov account to check the previous BMS ID. More information regarding your concern can be found here.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post