Forum Discussion

3 months ago

Bills glitch

I cannot delete the bill because it says payment is applied. but as per attached image there is no payment as shown on the activity history

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Louie_kwj

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

I apologize for the delay in our response. From the screenshot you've shared, it appears that the bill was paid before it was created. This situation could occur if the bill was generated from a purchase order that already had a payment attached to it. However, this is only feasible if you're using AccountRight rather than MYOB Business.

If you're an AccountRight user, I suggest opening the desktop version to check if the payment originated from a purchase order with a deposit. You can do this from the history window of the bill. Please note that if the payment was recorded from the purchase order, you won't be able to delete the bill, but you can reverse it.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

• Per checking, there is no other transaction other than the PJ in the history. Tried reversing it also it says " unbalanced transaction may not be recorded(reversal image attached).

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, Louie_kwj

Thanks for your response.

Kindly check the recap transaction from your bill to make sure the accounting is correct. If it's incorrect, you will need to check the linked accounts. If you still can't get any information, we highly recommend using our virtual assistant MOCA? It's designed to dive deeper into issues like this. Give it a go!

Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. Don't worry if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Please don't hesitate to create a post again if you encounter any issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen