Forum Discussion

9 months ago

Invoice PDF in email error

I've had two clients email me to say that when I email them their invoice to pay, when they open the PDF via the "View invoice" button in the email only a red line appears in place of where the invoice should be. Which is a problem because they cannot pay the invoice that they cannot view which means we don't get paid. Is anyone else experiencing this? And how do I fix it because not only is it not a great look for the business but not ideal because we'd like our clients to pay their invoices.

23 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    akj
    Experienced User

I have been complaining to MYOB about this exact same issue for over a month and they have only responded that they are aware and working on it. Half my invoices arrive with the red diagonal line in LHS corner

I wish they would get on with it ! Its unprofessional !

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi JodiDuncan,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum.

I understand that it is important for a business to get paid on time. I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you, and I appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Regarding your issue with the "View invoices link showing the red line", if you're still experiencing this issue with the invoice you sent, please try resizing your logo in your customized form. Then try sending an invoice again. This should display the invoice content.

Please let me know if this has solved your issue with your invoices.

Cheers,

Princess

JodiDuncan
        User

Thanks for your response Princess, but it is not a logo issue... it's an issue with MYOB's software. This is only an issue that has popped up recently and my logo has not changed in the four years I've been using this platform. 

Since getting no factual response here, I was finally able to get onto someone at MYOB and they have advised they are aware of the issue as other users appear to be having the same problem and allow 24hours for it to be fixed. Safe to say it was not (and has not) been fixed within 24 hours - what a surprise. It's very disappointing as invoicing is a core aspect of any accounting software, and in it's current capacity MYOB is charging it's customers for a service that they are not fulfilling. 

• Hi JodiDuncan  and akj,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand your frustration regarding this issue with the invoices. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your business. This issue has been raised with the relevant team. The current workaround they've provided is to recreate the template or resize the logo. If there is any update from them, we'll surely update and provide communication regarding this. At the moment, the relevant team is working on it and looking for a fix for this error.

We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Cheers,

Princess