wrong supplier selected from Intray-cant change

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

wrong supplier selected from Intray-cant change

Hi

i created a bill from the intray. its pulled up the wrong acocunt (it sohuld be Telstra TSuite not telstra Accounts Payable...it wont let me change itMan Frustrated

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 9.08.29 am.pngin the old MYOB I could change the name...not in this one Smiley Sad 

also please see screenshot below.  its overlapping...

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 1.40.22 pm.png

7 REPLIES 7
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

Re: wrong supplier selected from Intray-cant change

@LCrowhurst wrote:

Hi

i created a bill from the intray. its pulled up the wrong acocunt (it sohuld be Telstra TSuite not telstra Accounts Payable...it wont let me change itMan Frustrated

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 9.08.29 am.pngin the old MYOB I could change the name...not in this one @CloverQ 

also please see screenshot below.  its overlapping...

@Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 1.40.22 pm.png

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@SamaraM  Maybe you can help with this issue??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LCrowhurst 

When a document is uploaded to the In Tray the system will attempt to scan the ABN listed on the document. This is then matched up with the list of suppliers' ABNs in your system to determine the selected Supplier for that transaction. So, if you are finding that the supplier is incorrectly being selected then do ensure that you have the appropriate ABN listed on that supplier's contact record.

In terms of your query relating to changing the supplier once it has been selected, prior to saving the transaction you can make changes to the transaction. As soon as you select the Save button that supplier is locked into the transaction. Should the incorrect supplier be listed, it would be a matter of unlinking the document (if required) and then deleting the Bill before restarting that create bill process. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

well I have a supplier whos card is in the INACTIVE list yet it keeps pulling up that supplier and then when its saved it wont let me change it to the correct one (this supplier has two shops-one is inactive),,,,

to get around this i have to save and duplucate ...in the old MYOB it let me change it...not this new MYOBMan Frustrated

In the old mYOB this wasnt necessary....I could just change it...as soon as the save button is pressed you cant change it...VERY FUSTRATING it never locked it....

also when are you going to stop the duplucating of bill numbers? the old system didnt allow me to use the SAME BILL NUMBER....

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LCrowhurst 

If one of the cards is inactive then my recommendation would be to remove the ABN listed for that supplier record. You could store a copy of it if needed in the More Information>>Notes field. This way when the In Tray document is read the system can read the ABN from the document and match it up with the active supplier card which has that ABN listed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

maybe it shouldnt pull that card up as its INACTIVE!! 

it shouldnt pull inactive CARDS!!

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

also when are you going to stop the duplicating of bill numbers? the old system didnt allow me to use the SAME BILL NUMBER....Ive wasted over an hour trying to remove the duplicate bill numbersMan Frustrated

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post