Forum Discussion

keziapm
Contributing User
2 years ago

Error 136 when importing payments

Hi friends,

So I'm trying to import some receiving payments records. However, when I tried to import the whole data set, I've got an error as follows:

Error -136: The card attached to the invoice is not the same as the card attached to the payment.

Being curious, I tried to import just one entry of the data and it worked (1 data imported with a warning, duplicate ID). The warning is there because I wanted to import the whole data under the same ID. Despite the warning, it was still imported. So I'm not sure why it didn't work when I tried to import the whole thing at once.

Any help will be appreciated, I'm new to this.

Thank you very much.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi keziapm 

Are you matching the records by Co./Last Name or by Card Id, Record ID?

This is because in the AccountRight validation information for importing information, the Co/Last name field is a validating field, so if you include it in an import then the information in that field has to correspond exactly to a matching card in AccountRight customer cards.

When you are importing the invoices, you do not have to match up the Co/last Name field if you are matching through the Card ID field, and vice versa. It is possible to unselect the fields you're not using for matching before importing the file.

Please feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

keziapm
      Contributing User

Hi Komal_S 

Thank you for your reply.

I'm matching only by Company Name, I'm not inputting any card ID. 

My import file only consists of the following entries:

- Deposit account

- ID number

- Date

- Company name

- Payment method

- Memo

- Amount applied

- Invoice number

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi keziapm 

If you have 2 cards with the same Company Name, this can cause this error as MYOB might be using the wrong card.

Regards

Gavin