Forum Discussion

KatGurl
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago
Solved

Annual Leave Balances

Hi, How do I get a report for how much Annual Leave my employees have - Current + Accrued

So I know how much they have available for the Christmas holidays?

cheers,

Kat

• Hi, 

We started with our new payroll provider in April, OMG what a change reports on everything and avaiable! 

MYOB you have let a whole community down very badly!

30 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KatGurl

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties in generating the report. Currently, I believe the Leave Transaction report would produce the data you are looking for. You will need to make sure that the date range is the start date of the employee to see the running leave balance. Also, I recommend reading through this article, Learn About Payroll Changes After Upgrading. This will provide insight into the new upgrade. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

KatGurl
      Experienced Cover User

Hi, We have recently transitioned from Essentials payroll to the new version and it only gives me leave taken since April, so half my employees don't even appear on the report.

I have been into each employee and clicked on their leave tab so have the leave balance but this is very clunky and time consuming.  I would have thought that the correct leave balances for all employees would be an easy report as all the information is in the new system?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi KatGurl,

Thanks for the response and I'm sorry to hear about your inconvenience. 

Currently, the application only has one leave report available for the product. I understand how this might make your job more time-consuming, so I recommend posting your suggestions about the application in the MYOB Business Ideas Board. I am positive that the app will improve moving forward. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
        Genreve

CSANH
      Contributing User

Hi

Your link is broken as it gives a 404 error.

I have set our report to run from 01.08.2022 to 15.0.2024, 01.08.2022 is when we first changed from ACE to MYOB Essentials, and then had this last upgrade at the end of last year and the report is not correct. It has shown that only one staff member had any leave added in that time (due to having an anniversay this year), when everyone has rolled over at least one anniversary, excluding new staff. It does not agree with the individual staff leave record and doesn't give a clear report of estimated/anticpated leave available. I can't put in the employees orginal start date as the system won't allow me to go back that far.

Your reports shouId be acurately reflecting what is shown for individual staff and they are not. I also can't run a report of only their start dates, again I have to look individually, which is not OK if you have a large number of staff.

Nicole

Judke
        User

I have the same issue and completely feel your pain and frustration. Actual Annual Leave taken is not showing on the report only Public Holidays . It doesnt make sense!! All these issues are just making our jobs harder not easier. Now I have to keep a manual Leave spreadsheet Like we did 10+ years ago. 

MurielT
    Contributing Cover User

I really need a report for the leave owing at 31/03/2023 to do the annual accounts which are quite late and its coming up with zero.  It only shows leave taken from 1/04/2023 but some of the employees have left since then and one has died.  We entered opening balances of leave when we began using MYOB essentials but now I can't get any leave report since the upgrade and no leave is showing on their payslips.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, CSANH

Thanks for your post.

Please confirm if you are reusing an employee profile. If yes, we don't recommend reusing an old profile of an employee and then changing the anniversary date because that might mess up the historical payroll record of the employee. For more information, you may also check out the Help Article: Learn about payroll changes after upgrading.

Best regards,

Doreen

CSANH
        Contributing User

Hi

No I am not reusing any profiles, that staff member was just an example to help put context around the issue.

I know what the changes are after the upgrade.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, CSANH

The estimated accrued balances are estimated now by the employee's last anniversary and today's date, meaning the calculations are (entitlement divided by 365 = times the number of days between last anniversary and today's date = Accrued balance)

As opposed to the estimated accrued balance only updating every time a payment is processed. So it is a very similar way of calculating; however, this way is better aligned with the Holidays Act. Please see the Help Article: Learn about payroll changes after upgrading.

MYOB Business uses a leave accrual calculation method aligned with the latest guidelines of the Holidays Act, so leave balances are only calculated and displayed in weeks. During the upgrade, leave balances in hours or days from MYOB Essentials are converted to weeks. Because of these changes, leave accrual balance amounts might be slightly different for some employees.

It states in the landing page and payroll changes that the leave accrual balances might be slightly different before and after the upgrade because of this.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi All

Thanks for your post.

If you wish to generate a report that shows the leave balances of your employees, you can check the leave transaction report. This report is a running balance of leave taken and earned for each employee over a date range. To check the report, go to Reporting > Reports > Payroll > Leave transaction. You can change the chosen date range or filters might be excluding the data you need.

Please let us know if you require further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

CSANH
      Contributing User

Hi

Please go back and read all the feedback. This is very frustrating to have to repeat the same issue when this has not been resolved.

Whatever MYOB has done in the upgrade at the end of last year, means the report does not show the leave added at anniversary for anyone before you did the upgrade. The report is only showing leave added after the upgrade in the report.

The leave transaction report that we actually need, requires no start/from date but the option for a "to or current" date, and  the true current balance owing as at that date with leave taken and leave added (on anniversary), accurately reflected. For example: Staff member A according to this report, which I have put at the start of when we changed over 1.4.2022 to 30.01.2024. shows a remaining annual leave balance of 1.29 weeks and no added leave in nearly two years, but in her employee record, which I believe to be correct, says she has 3.73.

weeks owing.

This same leave transaction report with the orginal start and end dates of 1.4.22 to 30.1.2024, show only one staff member to have had an anniversary with 4 weeks added - that is clearly not correct.