MYOB Payroll 2023.1 password setup problem

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Anna-UL
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Payroll 2023.1 password setup problem

Hello there,

I have just upgraded MYOB Payroll to 2023.1 version.  Everytime when the softward started, it asked whether or not I want to set up a password.  This didn't happen to the 2022.1 version, and we didn't have a password. 

Since it has been quite annoying everytime when the software starts, I set up a password.  But I can't log in now.  It says "Invalid Password", and the programme closes down without the option to reset password etc..

Could you please help with the following? 

1) How can I continue using Payroll without using a password?  OR I can reset the password?

2) Is the password setup compulsory?  OR there is a way to put "No Password" as default setting? 

Would be great if I could sort it out soon due to the Payday Filing requirement by the government.   Could you please email me at my email address regarding the solutions? 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Anna

4 REPLIES 4
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,924Posts

719Kudos

363Solutions

Re: MYOB Payroll 2023.1 password setup problem

Hi @Anna-UL 

Just say no to setting a passowrd and it won't ask again.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Anna-UL
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @jenniek 

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did say "No", but it still asked everytime when I started Payroll. 

The problem is now I can't use Payroll anymore as it says "Invalid Password".  And there doesn't seem to be a way to reset or check the password.  Payroll just shut down straight away afterwards. 

Best regards,

Anna

Bullswool
Trusted User
54 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

54Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi.

It prompts me for a password everytime I start the software. I just click No each time.

Anna-UL
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Can't use Payroll Re: MYOB Payroll 2023.1 password setup problem

Hi,

But the problem is now I can't use it anymore.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Payroll 2023.1, but the problem is still there.  It askes for Password, then says "Invalid Password", and then shutdown.

Is there a way I  can just reinstall Payroll so I can use it as normal again?  I don't mind clicking on "No Password" everytime if need be. 

Many thanks!

Regards   

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post