Re: FIling new employees with IRD

Whawhe
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry no that didn't answer my question. with the old system you could add a new empolyees details on myob then click submit to ird. now you have to add emplyees details directly on IRD then also add the same details on myob. this is not going to be viable for us once harvest starts and i will be double entering around 100 employees over a 6 week period - not cool. i need to know if this is going to change as we will have to consider changing to another provider that offers this.

2 REPLIES 2
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,185 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,185Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @Whawhe,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand your concern regarding the process change for filing new employees with IRD through MYOB. If I'm understanding correctly, you're referring to entering employee information in both MYOB and IRD. Based on the information I've gathered, the current process involves adding employee details to both MYOB and IRD. Once you've added and set up your payday filing, you're all set to go. Each time you process a pay, you can send employment information directly from MYOB to IRD. For more information, please check out Setting up Payday Filing.

And if you're referring to the dual entry of employee information in both MYOB and IRD systems and would like to have an option to avoid this, I recommend posting your suggestion on our Product Ideas board. This way, our developers can review your request for future enhancements.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further help.

Cheers,

Princess

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,924Posts

719Kudos

363Solutions

Hi @Whawhe @Princess_R 

This option is not available yet - but have been assured that it is coming. But correct - you need to go into the IRD and manually add new employees information - and finish dates when someone leaves. To be honest - I havent added new employees first and the EI return still lodges correctly - but do go back and check and add to the information loaded. Finish Dates was the one that I wasn't checking and found it needs to be done to stop IRD notifications coming for ex-employees.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post