Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Limited Customers in "Customer" dropdown box ONLINE only

Hi,

I have the same problem as others have mentioned but haven't seen a solution posted on here as yet. When we are in Sales-Invoices and try to find a customer in the "Customer" dropdown menu, the list is limited, it only goes to "C" and doesn't show anything below that. I estimate that "C" for us is around 1500 customers out of our 10,000 odd in the list. It will also not bring up the customers after "C" even if i type the letters in the Customer field. ie Fresh Strata.

I CAN find the customer if i search in the "Search" field however.

I have tried opening MYOB in another browser and it doesn't change the problem, i have also cleared the cache.

Do you have a 1500 card limit for this field?

Is there anything that can be done to allow it to find all customers?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Roystons 

Thank you for your post. 

Depending on the number of your contacts you have when you're using MYOB Business, the dropdown box or selection list may not load the full list. There's no definite number as to how many customers will show. However, you should be able to still type in the name or the first few characters of the name for it to appear. If it's still not showing after typing in the name, you may have to check if that customer is set as inactive. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Roystons
      User

Thanks for your reply Sean, this customer is deftinely active and i have checked some other active customers below C in the alphabet and they do not appear either..

Any other suggestions?

Alison

Sean_DC
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Roystons 

The dropdown box or selection list may not load the full list. This is known by the team, and the current workaround is to type in the first few characters of the name. If you're still not seeing the customer after typing in the name, I suggest that you type the characters one at a time.

Roystons
        User

Thanks Sean, but unfortunately it still isn't returning any customers that do not start with A, B or C. Even if i type 1 character at a time...