Forum Discussion

9 months ago

Changing online Administrator on account

Hello

I need help to:

1)Find out who the current online administrstor is for our business file

and

2) to potentially change /add an online administrator 

The accountant is on long Service Leave and I need to set up a new user but cant do so without being the online administrator or Company File owner

Please help

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PeterM3

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. We are glad that you found this forum a useful tool. We are sorry that you are having challenges setting up a new user to the company file due to the administrator or owner of the file is on leave. We are truly thankful for your patience and understanding during this time. 

To change or add an online administrator to the company file, you are correct that only the owner or administrator user can access the user page to add other users. In this case, you would need to advise the administrator or the owner of the company file to set up a new user for you. You may find more information and instructions in our Help Article: Invite a user to an online file.

Regarding your other question to check who is the current online administrator, could you please confirm the last 4 digits of your product serial number? This can be found by going to Help >> About MYOB AccountRight. 

Do let me know if you have any further trouble with that. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
    Leneth

PeterM3
      User

Hi Leneth

Thanks for your reply

In relation to finding out who the online administrator is, after going to Help about, I get this popup – which doesn’t appear to show our serial number

If I go into the company set up I see that the last 4 numbers of our serial number are 2031

I appreciate your help in helping identify the account owner which will be a good first step

The second step still will remain difficult to change the owner because that person is on leave and I am not able to get in contact with them while they are on leave. They are away for the next 6 months

So it  most likely will not be possible to have them change account owner. Is there another way?

Regards

Peter

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PeterM3

Thanks for confirming that information. 

Regarding your concern, I have checked your account and sent you a private message here in the Community Forum to confirm the administrator or owner who is listed on the account. To access this, please click on your forum display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then choose the envelope icon that appears. 

Please let me know if you need further help. 

Cheers,  
        Leneth