Forum Discussion

5 days ago

Lost several years of accounts

Can anyone help me recover the information I had entered into MYOB? I recently upgraded to the latest version of MYOB Accountright and when I opened the new version (2024) I had lost about 7 years of data. I have re-entered the data and reconciled the accounts so I can do my GST return but I can't do the return or get a balance sheet etc as the last financial year it shows is 2017. I have wasted so many hours re-entering the lost data and I still can't get it to do what I need it to. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Teresa

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Ratec-Secretary,

Sorry to hear about the data loss after your upgrade. Upgrading your product to the latest version usually doesn't erase your data, but it can depend on the upgrade process you follow. It's always a smart move to back up your files before any upgrades. This is a complex issue that needs a deeper look. I highly recommend connecting with our live chat for more immediate assistance. You can find this by visiting our help sites at myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com. Here, you'll find MOCA, our virtual assistant, who can guide you through the process. If MOCA can't answer your questions, it will escalate your query to our live chat team.

Cheers,

Princess