Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Moving from old MYOB (1990's) to new online?

G'day everyone, started with Myob in 1998 with the Downloaded software, now here is the new, is this right? Is it online or software on your computer? My computer failed and lost all my info, fortunetly saved my Myob from 2017 in a very early version of MYOB and do not know how to use this version, is it  download or online? How do I get my Old data on this one? Any help much appreciated, on a free plan till I work out this one is for me. Regards CaddyDaddy

• Hi CaddyDaddy 

I may be able to help with some older versions as I have copies on my system back to MYOB v12. If you think this may be of use, then contact me at majubawest@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Liz

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Liz_A
    Valued User

Hi CaddyDaddy 

I may be able to help with some older versions as I have copies on my system back to MYOB v12. If you think this may be of use, then contact me at majubawest@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Liz

RobZA
      Contributing User

I am on MYOB version 10 UK version, and have just purchased AR Premier 2022.2.

Will MYOB Aus be able to import my data into the latest version?

Thanks

Rob

• Hi Liz, IT WORKED!

Thanks for helping me out I finally found out how to use that download app, but got it and used it on Parallels using the Windows 11, did not need to tell it to use the older windows program, it seem to just recognise this. So thanks very much for all your help, it certainly worked well, the only disappointing thing was seeing my last backup of the DAT file was 2016, I am a few years behind in my tax, so could be in trouble, I have had so many issues with lost software and moving damage and broken computers and my accountant being very sick for some time. So now I have been put back to the start of me doing well using Myob back then, at least I have records dating back to 2006 so thanks to you I am fortunate to have this, just hope the tax man is understanding……….. that’s a big ask.

Regards,

Milton Watkins, Master Bookbinder.

Liz_A
        Valued User

Hi CaddyDaddy 

That's great. Happy to help. I just want to mention that you will can process everything up to date without having to rollover each year end but it will be difficult to do the reports after the first 2 years. I keep COPIES of files as well as backups before each year end rollover so that I can adjust or look up records if I need to. Good luck.

Cheers

Liz

• Hi CaddyDaddy

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Can you please confirm the product you've signed up to, is it AccountRight or MYOB Business ? 

Happy to send through additional information on how this program works. 

RobZA
      Contributing User

Hi

It is AccountRight. I am trying to upgrade a MYOB UK version 10 .pls file.

Thanks

• It was MYOB from 2006 actually, though it was earlier, did it prior to this be called AccountRight? Regards Milton

CaddyDaddy
      User

Hi, no its MYOB using it since 2006 and still used a 2012 version up to earlier this year, I am a sole trade so easy for me to use the older version, the one online is very confusing and may not be suitable, for the minimal use I have Regards Milton.